If you’re looking for whiteboard animation software, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll explain what whiteboard animation software is, why people use it, which features to look for, and reveal why Doodly’s the clear winner in the whiteboard animation software category.
Let’s begin by reviewing what whiteboard animation software actually is …
What Is Whiteboard Animation Software?
There’s a tendency to lump all animation software into the broad category of whiteboard animation. However, while all whiteboard videos are animated, not all animated videos are whiteboard videos.
Whiteboard animation software allows users to create videos that feature a hand drawing on a whiteboard. Depending on the software, users may also be able to make videos showing the hand sketching on a blackboard, greenboard, glassboard, or custom background as well.
Who Uses Whiteboard Animation Software?
Whiteboard animation software is especially popular among digital marketers, business owners, and eCommerce entrepreneurs.
However, it’s fair to say that there are no “typical” users of whiteboard animation software, because its fans hail from virtually every industry.
In particular, some of the people who rely on whiteboard animation software include:
- Teachers & Trainers
- Real Estate Agents
- Video Producers
- Affiliate Marketers
- Religious Leaders
- And Even Kids!
What Do People Use Whiteboard Animation Software For?
The uses for whiteboard animation videos are seemingly endless. They can be used to achieve a ton of different purposes, including:
- Teaching & Training – Because whiteboard animation videos are more entertaining than most other learning mediums, they’re highly effective at capturing students’ attention while helping them retain more of what they learn.
- Facebook/Instagram Advertising – Many marketers use whiteboard animation videos to attract attention, so prospects stop scrolling their social media feeds … and start listening to their sales message.
- Digital Marketing – Statistics show that whiteboard animation videos are up to 20X more engaging than standard videos … which is why marketers rely on them for generating sales on eCommerce sites like Amazon or their own website.
- Sales Videos (VSLs) – Because whiteboard animation videos typically have higher conversion rates than other video types, many people use them to promote information products, like online courses, eBooks, software, and membership websites.
- For Fun! – Some people simply enjoy making whiteboard animation videos. So, they’ll create them for personal reasons to entertain friends and family, celebrate holidays with video eCards, send party invites, etc.
What Features Should I Look for in Whiteboard Animation Software?
Now that you have a good overview of what whiteboard animation software is and why people use it, you might be wondering what must-have features you should look for before buying whiteboard software. That’s what we’ll be discussing in this section.
Here are 5 must-have whiteboard animation software features:
- Easy-to-Use Interface – The importance of an easy-to-use interface cannot be overstated. There’s nothing worse than buying software that isn’t user-friendly and then, ultimately giving up on it because it’s too time-consuming to learn.
Ideally, you want whiteboard animation software that you can get up-to-speed on fast i.e. software that doesn’t require you to be a technical expert or design pro to create professional videos.
- Great Image Library – The images you use in a whiteboard animation video can make or break the overall success of your video. For that reason, you want whiteboard animation software that contains a large library of high-quality, royalty-free images representing a variety of industries.
After all, the more characters, props, and backgrounds you have to choose from, the better!
A giant library of professional, well-drawn images will not only save you a ton of time since you won’t have to hunt for the right images to use, but it’ll also make your videos look that much more professional.
- Custom Draw Paths – This one requires some explanation. Here goes … no matter how large the library in your whiteboard animation software, from time to time you’ll want to upload your own images–like a logo, for example.
While most whiteboard animation software allows you to upload your own images, there’s a problem–when you use those images in your videos, the hand doesn’t draw them very well. Instead it just generically passes over them … which makes your videos look way less professional.
So, when choosing a whiteboard animation software, you want to select one that allows you to create custom draw paths.
These custom draw paths “teach” the hand how to draw uploaded images, so they’re sketched every bit as professionally as the images already loaded in your software’s library.
- Voiceover Options – You definitely want the ability to add voiceovers to your whiteboard animation videos. Furthermore, you’re going to want to be able to do so hassle-free.
Although some whiteboard animation software allows you to add an audio file to a video, there are other software packages that go even further than that–allowing you to record your voiceover right within the video!
We recommend getting whiteboard animation software that allows you to both upload a file and record within the software itself. That’ll give you the most flexibility, while saving you time and eliminating any audio-related hassles.
- Awesome Tech Support – Hopefully, you’ll never need to use tech support once you purchase whiteboard animation software. However, if you do run into problems, you want to know that you’ll be able to easily reach tech support, so you don’t experience unnecessary project delays.
Ideally, any whiteboard animation software you purchase should offer online tutorials, a responsive tech support team, a live chat option, and an active Facebook community you can turn to for additional tips and tricks on how to get the most out of the software.
By purchasing whiteboard animation software that meets these criteria, you can confidently assume that your whiteboard video projects will unfold quickly, easily, and stress-free.
What Is the Best Whiteboard Animation Software?
Doodly is the clear winner when it comes to whiteboard animation software.
And while we may be a bit biased, there are thousands of happy Doodlers who readily agree with us. Just check out these Doodly reviews from real customers.
Now perhaps you’re wondering, “What makes Doodly so special?” There are plenty of reasons but most importantly, Doodly’s incredibly easy-to-use, provides tons of customization options, and offers must-have features that just aren’t found in other whiteboard animation software programs.
To learn more about all the super-cool features you’ll find in Doodly, keep reading …
User-Friendly Interface Makes It Easy to Create Professional Videos in Minutes
Doodly is the simplest whiteboard animation software, which makes it really popular with beginners.
However, don’t let Doodly’s simplicity fool you–it’s a powerful program that offers all the same great features that other software programs have … but in a much more user-friendly package.
Whereas other whiteboard animation software can require you to go through a steep learning curve, that’s not the case with Doodly.
Virtually anyone can use Doodly to create their first professional whiteboard animation video in minutes–even if they have zero tech or design skills.
In fact, Doodly’s so easy-to-use that kids love it. For instance, check out this review from Isaiah, and his dad, Brian, who both give Doodly 2 solid thumbs-up!
Massive Library Containing Thousands of Characters, Props, and Backgrounds
Like we mentioned earlier, a great image library is another must-have feature when it comes to whiteboard animation software.
That’s because the better the images you have to work with, the more engaging your videos will be. Fortunately, Doodly excels in this arena.
Unlike other whiteboard animation software, Doodly doesn’t rely on stock images or photos. Instead, all of the high-quality images in Doodly’s library have been custom-drawn by a team of professional graphic artists.
And not only are these images of professional quality, but there are also a ton of them!
For instance, a Doodly Standard membership comes with 2,784 images, whereas a Doodly Enterprise membership includes 7,300 images–and that number is constantly growing.
As a result, Doodly users have no trouble finding just the right characters, props, and backgrounds for their videos … which independent reviewers have noted is one of the many reasons people love Doodly and buy the Doodly software.
By contrast, although other whiteboard animation software programs may boast of large libraries, users often complain that even so, they can’t find characters for their videos and that accessing those libraries is a hassle.
Doodly SmartDraw Technology™ Can Draw ANY Image in Seconds
As we mentioned earlier, selecting a whiteboard animation software that allows you to create custom draw paths is super-important. Fortunately, Doodly to the rescue!
With Doodly’s unique SmartDraw technology™, you can easily draw any uploaded image … quickly and professionally.
Unfortunately, other whiteboard animation software–like Doodlemaker and VideoScribe–can’t make the same claim.
Rather than drawing uploaded images in a realistic way, those software programs don’t let you create custom draw paths … as a result, the hand “drawing” those images just generically passes over them, making your videos appear sloppy and unprofessional.
By contrast, with Doodly, you can easily create custom draw paths for any image. These custom draw paths will “teach” the hand how to draw all of the images you upload for the most professional whiteboard videos around.
This feature alone makes Doodly an industry stand-out!
Enjoy Whiteboard, Glassboard, Blackboard, Greenboard, & Custom Video Backgrounds
Unlike many of its competitors, Doodly offers several popular video backgrounds to choose from … so you have complete creative control over your videos’ appearance.
For instance, with Doodly, you’re not just limited to whiteboard videos. You can also create blackboard videos, greenboard videos, glassboard videos, and even videos featuring custom backgrounds.
And with that capability for customization, not only can you choose the color of your background–or even an image if you want–but you can also select whether the hand uses marker or chalk as its drawing tool.
Check it out for yourself in this Doodly video featuring a marker on a custom blue background.
And in this Doodly video, take a look at the checkerboard pattern we used for our background!
HUGE Selection of Hands in All Colors, Sizes, & Ethnicities
Remember the last time you moved to a new place? As you probably realized then, more hands are better than less during a move. And all things being equal, the same holds true when it comes to whiteboard animation software.
While Doodlemaker contains a scant 8 hand styles, Doodly contains a whopping 69 different hand styles … male and female … left and right … various colors, sizes, and ethnicities … you even have the option of using real hands, cartoon hands, or none at all.
With dozens of hands to choose from, you can customize your whiteboard animation videos, so they’re even more appealing to your target audience.
Record Your Own Voiceover Directly within Doodly with Just the Click of a Button
When it comes to adding voiceovers to your videos, you want the experience to be as painless and hassle-free as possible. Fortunately, this is another area where Doodly really shines.
Unlike other whiteboard animation software, Doodly allows you to upload an audio file OR actually record your voiceover–right within the software itself!
This nifty feature saves an extra step during video production, so you can create an amazing video in less time than it might take with another program.
Get Your First Video Up-and-Running Lightning-Fast with FREE Doodly Templates
With Doodly Templates, we’ve created the videos for you! Each template consists of a professional doodle video–complete with images, background music, and a written voiceover script.
Simply customize a Doodly Template the way you want and use it to create a full-fledged video that you can put online–right away!
These templates work well for every industry and with dozens of Doodly Templates to choose from, you’ll have no problem finding one that expresses your message perfectly.
Plus, you can use Doodly Templates to do cool stuff quickly, like:
- Create Highly Effective Ads – Whiteboard animation videos are so engaging that they’re ideal for promoting your products and services on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram.
- Find More Fans & Followers – There may be no better way to attract the attention of new prospects than with a whiteboard animation video.
- Communicate Your COVID-19 Policies – Forget those long, boring emails that nobody reads! Instead, promote how seriously you take safety with an engaging whiteboard animation video.
- Advertise Your Webinar – Want to convince prospects to sign up for your upcoming webinar? A whiteboard animation video is just the trick for converting prospects into attendees.
- Publicize Special Events – Get friends, fans, and followers to attend your upcoming events by persuading them with a compelling whiteboard animation video.
- Introduce Your Team – Let people know who you are and what your business is all about by introducing people to the friendly, knowledgeable members of your staff.
- Explain Your Mission – Amp up people’s enthusiasm for your products and services by educating them on your company’s mission with a fun whiteboard video.
- Announce a Holiday Special – Offering a big holiday sale? Tell potential clients and customers all about it with an incredibly charming–yet unbelievably effective–whiteboard animation video.
- And much, much more!
200+ Royalty-Free Music Tracks & Sound Effects … Perfect for Any Genre
With Doodly, it’s incredibly easy to add music or sound effects to your whiteboard animation videos.
Simply drag and drop the audio file you want to use to the video timeline. Adjust the volume up or down as you see fit by clicking your mouse, and instantly, your video will sound as if it’s been created by a professional!
Not only does Doodly give you 150 royalty-free music tracks, but unlike VideoScribe, Doodly also comes with 100 realistic sound effects.
These sound effects are so important, because they’re going to add more flavor and texture to your videos. After all, can you imagine the movie Psycho without its ear-piercing scream?
Or watching a cartoon without those pops, splats, squishes, beeps, and bangs? It would seem dull and lifeless!
Sound effects make a video come to life, so it’s way more engaging … which goes hand-in-hand with longer video view times, better brand recall, more video shares, and higher sales.
Choose from Dozens Upon Dozens of Cool Fonts … Or Upload Your Own
You probably want to use the same font in your whiteboard videos that you’re already using for your brand.
And if you’re creating whiteboard animation videos for clients, you’ll definitely need fonts that match their brands … which is why you’ll want whiteboard animation software that gives you tons of fonts to choose from.
Fortunately, a Doodly Standard membership comes with 35 fonts, and Doodly Enterprise ,membership gives you 70 fonts.
More importantly, you’ll never struggle to find the font you need, because unlike other whiteboard animation software, Doodly allows you to upload your own custom fonts … so your videos match your brand–perfectly!
Export in Various MP4 Files Sizes, from Web-Ready All the Way to Full 1080p HD
With Doodly, you have tons of options when it comes to exporting your videos.
For instance, you can export videos in various resolutions (360p-1080p & even custom), file sizes (24-60 fps), and qualities (low to maximum). You even have the option of exporting videos in Facebook & Instagram resolution.
As a result, Doodly gives you far more control over how viewers experience your videos … so you can create videos that:
- Stream well over mobile devices (360p is perfect for this)
- Use the preferred social media file format (MP4)
- & Offer the best style and viewing experience
Doodly’s full range of export options make it a standout in the whiteboard animation software category …
For instance, you can’t perform exports with Doodlemaker in 360p, the preferred video resolution for mobile streaming. That’s important, because more and more, people rely on their smartphones for watching videos.
And with Videoscribe, you can’t export files in MP4 format–the most common video format used in social media.
Bottom line? Doodly’s extensive export options are just one more reason it’s the best whiteboard animation software around!
Install Doodly on as Many Computers as You Want
Although most software programs only allow a limited number of installs, you can download and install Doodly–which is both Mac and PC compatible– on as many computers as you like.
Free Lifetime Software Updates
We’re always updating Doodly with bigger and better features, and improved functionality.
In fact, we work extremely hard to release weekly software updates with brand new features that our development team comes up with, as well as requests that our brilliant Doodly community submits.
In fact, we take this role so seriously that we’ve created a Doodly Feature Requests Center. This is where Doodly users can submit requests that other Doodlers vote on … our Doodly development team then implements the most popular requests!
And For Your Convenience, Doodly Offers Several Ways You Can Access Tech Support
Hopefully, you’ll never need tech support. But, if you do, you want the experience to be quick and painless.
Fortunately, Doodly once again takes the cake here, offering far more support options than Doodlemaker, VideoScribe, and other whiteboard animation software.
For instance, with Doodly you can access:
- Live Chat – Unlike its competitors, Doodly offers a live chat option, so you can get assistance right away. Even better, live chat is available 24/7/365! Users can start a session by just clicking the live chat button in the upper right corner of the Doodly home page or by visiting Doodly Live Chat.
- Doodly Help Desk – Doodly is renowned for excellent help desk support and frequently earns rave reviews from users for its knowledgeable and professional support team.
While many questions can be answered in the Doodly Knowledge Base, should users choose to open a support ticket, most tickets are answered within 2 hours.
To view the Knowledge Base or open a help desk ticket, Doodlers can visit the Doodly Support Desk.
- YouTube Channel – There are many free online Doodly tutorials on our official YouTube channel. These popular tutorials illustrate how to use Doodly’s various features, so users can get the most out of the software.
If you’re interested in using Doodly to create whiteboard animation videos, be sure to check out our Doodly tutorials.
Doodly Design Group – The Doodly Design Group on Facebook is an active, engaged community of over 79,000 Doodlers. In the group, members can pose questions, solicit feedback, and get helpful animation tips. As far as we can tell, none of our competitors offer anything similar … once again, making Doodly an industry standout.
Doodly Is Hands-Down the Best Whiteboard Animation Software
Doodly is the best whiteboard animation software around, because unlike other similar software, Doodly has everything you need to create amazing, professional whiteboard videos!
Unfortunately, that’s just not the case with most other whiteboard animation software on the market today … in fact, many of Doodly’s competitors lack core features.
For instance, here are just some of the negatives that independent reviewers have reported with Doodlemaker and Videoscribe:
- Can’t create custom draw paths
- Can’t preview an entire video at once
- Few hand styles to choose from
- Can’t import custom fonts
- Difficult to find characters and props for videos
- Reportedly buggy
- Lacks an active Facebook community
- No YouTube channel
- No live chat support
- Less intuitive interface
- Doesn’t offer MP4 support
- Can’t create custom drawpaths
- No sound effects
- Less appealing background options
- Music tracks are hard to sort and not very descriptive
- Less file resolution options & FPS capabilities
- Lacks an active Facebook community
- No live chat support
By contrast, Doodly offers all the important, must-have features its competitors lack, including:
- User-friendly interface
- Massive, high-quality professional image library
- Multiple popular video background options
- Ability to create custom draw paths
- Tons of hand styles to choose from
- Full music library w/100 sound effects
- Ability to import custom fonts
- Active & engaged Facebook community
- Official YouTube channel
- Advanced file export options
- Live chat support
- And much, much more!
As you can see, Doodly offers a superior interface, more customization options, and better tech support … making it the #1 whiteboard animation software.
So, if you’re ready to join our community of 79,000+ happy Doodlers, don’t wait …
30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee
Doodly is backed by a full 30-day money back guarantee. Try Doodly for up to 30 days and if, for any reason at all, you’re not happy with your purchase, just contact [email protected] for a full refund. Our refund rate is a super-low, 2% (compared to the 15% industry average), so we’re confident you’ll absolutely love what Doodly can do for you.