In today’s competitive market, building a strong and recognizable brand is essential to stand out from the crowd. Consistency is key when it comes to creating a brand that people can easily recognize and trust. One effective way to build your brand and maintain consistency is by using Doodly whiteboard videos. These engaging and entertaining videos can help you connect with your audience while conveying your brand message in a clear and concise way. In this article, we’ll explore the power of brand consistency and show you how to use Doodly whiteboard videos to build a strong and memorable brand.
Importance of Brand Consistency in Videos
Why exactly is brand consistency important, especially in videos? Well, simply put, consistency is what helps your audience recognize your brand and sets you apart from your competition. When your brand elements like colors, logos, and messaging remain consistent across all your marketing channels, it reinforces your brand identity and builds trust with your audience.
That’s where Doodly comes in. By using Doodly’s whiteboard videos to promote your brand, you can create a highly engaging and entertaining experience for your audience while still maintaining brand consistency. By incorporating your brand elements like colors, logos, and messaging into your Doodly videos, you create a cohesive look and feel that reinforces your brand identity. And, with Doodly’s intuitive software, you can easily create professional-looking videos that capture your brand’s essence and help you stand out in a crowded market. So, let’s explore how to use Doodly to create brand-consistent videos that will elevate your brand to new heights!
Sample Your Brand’s Colors
The first step in establishing brand consistency in your Doodly whiteboard videos is to sample your brand’s colors. This means identifying the specific colors that represent your brand and incorporating them into your videos to create a cohesive and recognizable look.
To do this, we’re going to use a Chrome extension called Eye Dropper. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can easily download it for free from the Chrome Web Store. Once installed, you’ll see an icon in your browser that looks like an eyedropper.
Now, let’s open up your brand’s website and find the colors that you want to use. For this particular walkthrough, we used Doodly as our sample brand. Using the Eye Dropper tool, click on the icon and select “Pick color from web page”. This will allow you to click on any color on the website and get its HEX code, which is a six-digit code that represents the color.
Now that you have your brand’s HEX codes, it’s time to start incorporating them into your Doodly videos. A simple way to do this is by using the HEX code when selecting the color for text elements in Doodly.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, click on the text you want to change the color of.
- Next, click on the gear icon to open up the text’s settings.
- Then, click on the color swatch next to “Hex” to open up the color picker.
- Enter the HEX code for the color you want to use and click “Apply” to save the changes.
Creating a Stock Background
Now that you’ve sampled your brand’s colors and know how to use them in Doodly, it’s time to create a stock background. In this section, we’ll guide you through the steps to create a stock background using Pyks, which is one of the graphic design tools available in the Voomly cloud software.
Creating a stock background will give your videos a consistent look and reinforce your brand identity. With Pyks, you can easily create custom graphics and adjust the colors to match your brand’s palette. This way, you can ensure that your Doodly videos are visually appealing and aligned with your brand message.
Follow these steps to create a stock background using Pyks:
1. Open Pyks and click “New.”
2. Select “Custom Image” and enter the dimensions of your Doodly background (e.g., 1920 x 1080).
3. Click the “Shape” tool and draw a bar.
4. Set the fill color to your brand’s color using the hex code. For example, if your dark blue color is #20729d, enter that code.
5. Use the “Move” tool to position the bar at the bottom of the canvas.
6. Draw another shape and set the fill color to your brand’s secondary color using the hex code. For example, if your light blue color is #329ed7, enter that code.
7. Create a diagonal slash by drawing a square in the same color as the bar and rotating it.
8. Add a white rectangle behind the other shapes to create a solid background.
9. Adjust the placement of the shapes until you’re satisfied with the design.
10. Finally, export the image and save it for later use in your Doodly videos.
Uploading Custom Background in Doodly
When you’re finished creating your custom background using Pyks or another graphic design tool, it’s time to upload it to Doodly. In order to use your custom background in your Doodly videos, you’ll need to upload it to the platform.
First, make sure you save your custom background as an image file, such as a PNG or JPEG. Then, navigate to Doodly and open the video file where you want your background added.
In the Video Settings section, you’ll see the option to change the background style. By default, Doodly offers a plain white background. However, you can upload your own custom background by selecting the “Custom Image” option. Click the “Browse” button to select the image file you created earlier.
Make sure that it is set to full size and hit Apply.
Now, your custom background will appear in all of your scenes within the project. If you create a new scene, the custom background will automatically be included.
By following these simple steps, you can easily add a custom background to your Doodly videos and ensure they’re consistent with your brand’s visual identity.
Using Color Bars
Color bars are another great way to establish brand consistency in your Doodly videos. You can use the same colors from your stock background and create a small bar to use as a separator between sections or scenes.
You can also use the bars as title bars and add your company’s name or logo to them. To use the color bars, you can create these graphics again using software like Pyks, then upload them as props in Doodly. Once uploaded, start placing them on your desired scene location.
Changing Individual Elements
To make your Doodly videos consistent with your brand’s colors, you can change the colors of individual elements. For example, you can change the highlight color of text or graphics to match your brand’s colors.
To do this, click on the gear icon for the element you want to change, and select the color swatch. Enter the hex code for your brand’s color and apply the changes. By doing this, you’ll create a more cohesive look for your video content.
Adding Finishing Touches
To make your Doodly video even more professional, you can add finishing touches like fading in your color bars or adding animations to your branding elements. These small details may seem insignificant, but they can make a big impact on the overall look and feel of your video.
For example, you can make your color bars fade in and out slowly, or add animations to your title bars to make them stand out. You can also add a logo animation at the beginning or end of your video to reinforce your brand’s identity.
Benefits of Establishing Brand Consistency in Your Videos
Establishing brand consistency in your Doodly whiteboard videos can have several benefits for your business. By creating a consistent look and feel across all your video content, you can:
- Increase brand awareness: By using your brand’s colors and branding elements consistently, you can make your brand more recognizable to your audience. This can help to increase brand awareness and make your business more memorable to your viewers.
- Build customer loyalty: Consistency in your videos can also help to build customer loyalty. When your viewers see a consistent look and feel in your videos, they’re more likely to trust your brand and feel a stronger connection to it.
- Improve brand identity: By establishing brand consistency in your Doodly videos, you can improve your brand’s identity. A strong and consistent brand identity can help to differentiate your business from competitors and make it stand out in your industry.
- Strengthen brand message: Consistency in your videos can also help to strengthen your brand message. By using consistent branding elements and colors, you can reinforce your brand’s message and values and make it clear to your audience what your business stands for.
Establishing brand consistency in your Doodly whiteboard videos is an essential step in building a strong and recognizable brand. By using consistent branding elements, typography, and colors, you can create a cohesive and professional look for your videos. Remember to grab the HEX codes for your brand’s colors, create a custom stock background, change individual elements, add title bars, and customize the background style to establish brand consistency in your Doodly videos.
Don’t forget to promote your brand by including your logo, a CTA, and a branded watermark in your videos. With these tips, you can create engaging and informative videos that strengthen your brand identity and build customer loyalty.
If you’re interested in using Doodly for your whiteboard videos, be sure to check out our website and community for more tips and tutorials. Happy doodling!
30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee
Doodly is backed by a full 30-day money-back guarantee. Try Doodly for up to 30 days and if, for any reason at all, you’re not happy with your purchase, just contact [email protected] for a full refund. Our refund rate is a super-low, 2% (compared to the 15% industry average), so we’re confident you’ll absolutely love what Doodly can do for you.
Leave a comment